Wednesday, May 28, 2014

End of the Year Organization

Is it already that time again?

Yep. It's time to declutter, reorganize, and pack away the teaching tools.

And unfortunately for me, this year I have to put a bit more work into my organizing and packing because I'm moving schools.

Last week I went through my classroom materials and said goodbye to anything that I haven't used in the past two years. I had a ton of teaching supplies that were handed down to me by veteran teachers that I never put to use. I have set aside an area of my room for anything that needs a new home.


Next I went through and cleaned all organizers, threw away anything that wasn't worth keeping (dull tipped highlighters, dry erase markers, broken crayons, etc.), reorganized my classroom library books, and started packing similar items into boxes.


This week my goal is to label all of the boxes and bring them home to store until I can move into my new classroom. It is sure to be a loooooooong week full of packing.

There are only 8 more school days until summer for me. I keep reminding myself that I can do it.

Have fun with your kiddos and keep a smile on your face even through the end of the year clean up and packing.





No comments:

Post a Comment