Sunday, June 1, 2014

Teacher Report Cards

At the end of the year, it's sometimes a struggle to find engaging, meaningful activities to keep your students attentive.  Try this...

Each year I have my students complete an end of the year teacher report card for me. It's very simple, and the kids enjoy giving me feedback.  




On an index card, I have my students answer the following three questions:
  1. What did you like about my class?
  2. What do you wish we had done this year?
  3. What do you think I need to do to become a better teacher?



I ask my students to be blatantly honest when answering these questions. I express to them that I really want to know these answers, so I can be the best teacher possible. I also request that they not leave their name (this encourages them to actually write their true feelings). I also explain that you give constructive criticism in a respectful way. :)







So if you're having trouble coming up with a meaningful activity for these last few days of school, have your students let you know how they feel about your class and their honest opinion of how you can be the best teacher.

Smile... Summer isn't too far away!


3 comments:

  1. Many thanks regarding offering pleasurable info. i'm keen on your own submit in addition to what you may inform us is in fact up-to-date in addition to alternatively educative, http://www.dumblittleman.com/2016/03/pros-cons-writing-life-plan.html
    i would love that can help book mark the site therefore i will come below again to read everyone, because you did a very good activity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting and new idea. Willing to try it out next school year

    ReplyDelete