Tuesday, May 8, 2012

100% Club

For the past three years, I have had the 100% Club as a part of my classroom. Though I cannot take credit for its creation (Creator: Mrs. Jennifer Barrett), I am delighted to share this free and motivating tool that I have had the pleasure of using in my classroom. The 100% Club is made up of students who score a 100 on an assignment, or for those students who show 100% effort on their independent work. Each time a student earns a 100 or 100% effort on their independent work, they receive a blank 100 to decorate (see below). Before handing the 100 to my students, I write their name along with the assignment name on the 100. The students use their creativity to decorate their 100. I then hang their 100s around the classroom. By the end of the year, my room is covered with student decorated 100s. This is just a simple, free way to congratulate and recognize my hardworking students. It also adds a bit of color to the room.

Here are a couple of photos of the 100s in my classroom.



Grab a copy of the blank 100 to use in your classroom here.

Hope you enjoy, 

No comments:

Post a Comment